Until further notice we will not be holding lectures or meetings at the pavilion.
- Email – we run an email list for announcements from the committee, if you are not receiving emails and want to be added please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to the list.
- WhatsApp group for membership discussions about Astronomy please contact email@example.com
- Twitter follow @CrayfordAS for public outreach
- Web site – please send contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoom Meetings – we are holding virtual meetings including some lectures, please make sure you are on our mailing list to receive invites
This is a simple competition, take an image of the Milkyway from your back garden – or close to where you live. The winning image will be the one that the webmaster is most impressed with.
- You have to be a member of the society
- No telescopes! This is for camera and lens only!
- Must be from your location not some superb dark sky you travelled to.
- Ends November-ish
What will impress the Webmaster most?
- It’s all about effort taken and obstacles overcome.
- Local sky conditions vs image captured
The recent conjunction of the Moon, Venus and Mercury in the evening sky has been delighting our members, below are some contributions from those who imaged it.
Images of Saturn are from the same 2 minute long raw format video, but stacked and processed differently. The last version had a 1.5x drizzle applied to enlarge the size.
•Skywatcher heq5 pro mount
•Skywatcher skymax 150 pro maksutov cassegrain telescope
•celestron 2× Barlow
•Zwo asi290mc one shot colour uncooled CMOS camera
•Captured with ASICAP for android
•First and second version stacked in registax, the last version in autostakkert with wavelets in registax
•Final processing in GIMP
•Raw16 colour space
•Exposure time 82000ųs
Images by Neil...
Image by Honor Wheeler of the Moon and Pleiades imaged on the 3rd of April 2020 @ 20:08UT taken with her Canon 700D and a 300mm lens – ISO1600, f6.3, exp...
Image taken by Janice McClean of the Moon, Venus and the...