Until further notice we will not be holding lectures or meetings at the pavilion.
- Email – we run an email list for announcements from the committee, if you are not receiving emails and want to be added please contact email@example.com and we will add you to the list.
- WhatsApp group for membership discussions about Astronomy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter follow @CrayfordAS for public outreach
- Web site – please send contributions to email@example.com
- Zoom Meetings – we are holding virtual meetings including some lectures, please make sure you are on our mailing list to receive invites
7 members of the society attended the Kelling Heath Autumn Equinox Star Party, some booking camping pitches and others static caravans. The weather was overcast with showers with long dry spells and whilst the astronomical observations were very limited between clouds it was still a great event which I’d recommend any keen observers try to book.
This is the meteor report for the automated meteor camera operated by the Crayford manor house astronomical society Dartford, for the month of September 2020
This month we detected a total of 269 meteors, well over half were sporadic meteors, meteors from known showers only making a minor contribution to the total, the largest identified shower came from the September Perseids but contributed only 22 meteors to the months total
The below video is a report for the perseid meteor shower, based on meteors captured by the semi-automated meteor camera operated by the society members.
This is a simple competition, take an image of the Milkyway from your back garden – or close to where you live. The winning image will be the one that the webmaster is most impressed with. Rules: You have to be a member of the society No telescopes! This is for...
The recent conjunction of the Moon, Venus and Mercury in the evening sky has been delighting our members, below are some contributions from those who imaged...
Images of Saturn are from the same 2 minute long raw format video, but stacked and processed differently. The last version had a 1.5x drizzle applied to enlarge the size. Equipment used: •Skywatcher heq5 pro mount•Skywatcher skymax 150 pro maksutov cassegrain...
Images by Neil...