I needed a portable telescope to take to places such as Kelling Heath. My main telescope is stuck in its observatory. It needs to allow me to do imaging as well as visual observations. The solution was to be build Frankenscope!
What do you need to build Frankenscope?
- LX200 tripod
- A Julian Tworek home-made wedge
- A 10” LX200 fork mount without the OTA
- An ETX 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope
- A finderscope
- An SBIG CCD camera
- Some steel stud, aluminium square tube
- And nuts! (you have to be slightly nuts to build this thing!)