- To improve Dartford Light Pollution for CMHASD observation at the Pavilion and geographically as far as possible, from x to y by date z as measured from the Pavilion using a calibrated Sky Quality Meter.
- To Link the Darkford event with the 60th Anniversary of CMHASD
- To make the community of Dartford (and beyond by association) aware of CMHASD and market our membership and outreach services:
- To increase the influence of CMHASD with local and national authorities to meet agreed objectives:
- To find and make allies with other organisations to achieve mutually agreeable objectives
- To identify and work with others (including Dartford Local Authority and the media) to designate a ‘Darkford Night’ that will (as far as possible) allow a general ‘switch off’ of external lighting for the citizens of Dartford to enjoy the night sky:
- To draw attention to the blight of light pollution and educate the community against unnecessary and anti-social use of external lighting:
- To promote dark-skies and ‘stargazing’ as a right for ALL citizens of Dartford (and beyond) and to show just what citizens are missing in the night sky:
- To increase interest in astronomy and ‘stargazing’ amongst children and adults alike:
- To urge thoughtful social-responsibility within business and industry to ensure that sensible use of nighttime lighting and avoidance of thoughtless and anti-social light polluting practice…..